After signing up for G Suite by Google, you can add more email addresses (also known as “users”) directly from your Squarespace site.
Note: G Suite users are managed separately from contributors to your Squarespace site.
Note: Instead of adding a new user, you may want to rename an existing user.
Pricing and billing
- Annual billing (per user/email address) - $50 / €40 / £40 / A$66
- Monthly billing (per user/email address) - $5 / €4 / £4 / A$7
After you add a new user, we’ll charge a prorated price based on the time remaining in your current billing cycle. In your next recurring payments, your invoice will increase by the annual or monthly cost per user, depending on your plan. For more billing details, visit G Suite pricing, billing, and invoices.
G Suite may be subject to state and local sales taxes. If your account is subject to tax, you’ll see it added at checkout. To learn more, visit our guides on taxes in the United States, European Union, or Australia.
Add a user
Follow these steps to create a new user and send an email invitation for your G Suite account.
Note: Add users from your Squarespace site, not from your G Suite Admin Console. The G Suite Admin Console limits the number of users you can add. From your Squarespace site, you can add unlimited users to your G Suite account.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Email & G Suite.
- Click Add New User.
- In the Email Address fields, enter the new users' first name, last name, and username. The username will be the first part of their email address for their G Suite account. For example, if their email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org, enter maria. You can also use something generic like contact.
- Check the Administrator option to give this user full administrative access on the G Suite account.
- In the Send Invitation field, enter the person’s current email address where they'll receive the invitation and temporary password.
- Click Continue to review the order summary.
- In the next panel, confirm or update the credit card on file for purchasing, and review the purchase details.
- Review the terms of service, then click Purchase User.
- Squarespace will send an email invitation to the user's existing email address. They’ll log into G Suite and set up their account from the email.
Resending an invitation
If the new user doesn't receive the invitation, ensure they check their current email address’s Spam folder. If they don’t find the email in their Spam folder, follow these steps to resend the invitation.
- From the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Email & G Suite.
- Click the new user’s username/email address.
- Click Resend Invitation or Reset Password and enter the user’s current email address.
- If the user still doesn’t receive the invitation email, try resending again to a different existing email address.
Give one user multiple email addresses
If a user wants to receive mail sent to multiple email addresses, create email aliases for the user instead of adding new users. You can add multiple aliases at no additional cost.
For example, if chris@yourdomain wants to receive mail sent to email@example.com, create the alias “marketing@yourdomain.” Mail sent to the alias will appear in Chris’s inbox.
You’ll do this from your G Suite Admin Dashboard. To learn more, visit Google’s documentation.