Use the steps in this guide to move products from one Products Page to another. For more tips on organizing your store, visit Organizing products.
Step 1 - Select and move products
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Select the Products Page with the products you're moving.
- Press and hold the Shift key, and click the first product.
- Continue holding Shift and scroll down to select the last product.
- Click Move to another page.
In the Select Destination Collection Window, select the Products Page where you want to move the products, and then click Move Items.
The products have moved to the destination Products Page.
Step 2 - Repeat for additional pages
Repeat the steps above for additional Products Pages you want to merge.
Step 3 - Delete the empty page
If you don't need the newly empty Products Page, hover over it in the Pages panel and click the trash can icon to delete it.
You can recover the deleted page within seven days. To learn more about deleting pages, visit Deleting a page.
Step 4 - Avoid broken links with URL redirects
After moving products, the products will have new URLs with the destination Products Pages's slug.
For example, if the original Products Page was www.yourdomain.com/bestsellers, and the destination Products Page is www.yourdomain.com/sale, a moved product will change:
- Original URL (doesn't work): www.yourdomain.com/bestsellers/sample-product
- New URL: www.yourdomain.com/sale/sample-product
If visitors try to visit the products using their original URLs, they will be taken to your 404 error page. This may disrupt traffic to your store if you share links to products or rely on social sharing to promote your items.
To prevent this from happening, create URL redirects for every product. To learn more, visit Creating URL redirects.