Squarespace sends you email notifications to keep you updated about your account and website. You can opt out of some of these messages, but you’ll always receive important emails about your account, billing, and site status.
We send email notifications to your email address on file, which you can change anytime.
Types of emails from Squarespace
These emails include essential information about your account, so it isn’t possible to unsubscribe from them:
- G Suite
You can unsubscribe from these emails:
- Comment Subscriptions
- Store Subscriptions
- Website and Commerce Updates, like Getting Started/Welcome emails
- Squarespace Company News and Promotions
Update your email preferences
Note: Administrators and contributors with Billing permissions get emails related to your site, domain, or G Suite billing status. Since these include essential information, it isn't possible to unsubscribe from them.
Store and Comment notifications
We send notifications about new orders in a store or comments on a blog you manage. To opt out of these emails on a per-site basis, open your account profile:
- In the Home Menu, click your avatar.
- In the Account Dashboard, click your profile name in the top-right corner.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- Under Comment Subscriptions and Store Subscriptions, use the toggles to turn notifications on or off for each website you contribute to. You'll still receive important emails about your account and subscriptions.
Tip: We recommend that at least one person stays subscribed to Store updates, so you never miss a new order. If everyone unsubscribes, new orders will only be visible in the Orders panel.
Unsubscribe via email
You can update your email preferences by clicking the Unsubscribe link in an email footer.
Clicking this link unsubscribes you from that type of notification for every site you contribute to. On the Unsubscribed page, you can also manage other subscriptions, including:
- Website Updates - News and updates on new features
- Commerce Updates - News and updates on Squarespace Commerce and store-specific features
- Squarespace Company News - News about the Squarespace platform and company
- Promotions - Special offers and discounts
Toggle off any subscriptions that you don’t want, or click Unsubscribe All to leave all mailing lists. Even if you unsubscribe from all lists, you’ll still receive important emails about your account and subscriptions.
Who receives email notifications
Contributors receive email notifications based on their permissions and what they typically need to see. To learn more, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
Update your email address
To change the email where you receive notifications, visit Updating your account email address.
To change the email address where you receive form submissions, change the email address linked in each active form.
I’m not receiving emails from Squarespace
If you’re not receiving our emails:
- Check if your account email address is correct.
- If the email address is correct, check your spam or junk folder.
- Ensure that your account can accept emails from all of our addresses.
To learn more, visit Why am I not receiving emails from Squarespace?
I received a suspicious email
Squarespace will never ask you for personal or sensitive information. If you received a suspicious email that looks like it’s from us, or another company claiming to be associated with us, it could be a phishing email. To learn more, visit our guide on phishing and account security.