This guide shows you how to unlink billing for your Squarespace 5 site if you ever linked it to Squarespace 5 billing before your site upgraded to Squarespace 7.
Note: Once you unlink a Squarespace 5 site, you can’t re-link it to any other sites, including the site it was originally linked to.
Watch a video
Step 1 - Unlink billing
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing.
- Under Unlink Website, click Unlink Squarespace 5 Website Billing. Then click Unlink Website in the warning message to confirm.
Step 2 - Upgrade to paid service
Note: After unlinking your Squarespace 5 account, your Squarespace 7 site will immediately revert to trial status. It will expire in 14 days if you don't upgrade to a paid hosting plan.
Step 3 - Cancel Squarespace 5 billing (optional)
Once you're ready to exclusively use your Squarespace 7 site, cancel your Squarespace 5 billing to avoid paying for two sites simultaneously.
- Log into your Squarespace 5 site and click Website Management, then click Billing & Account.
- Click Cancel Account, then enter your password.
- Confirm by entering the word "CANCEL" and clicking Cancel Account.
For more details, visit Cancelling service.