Link to a phone number to encourage visitors to call you. When someone taps this link from a smartphone, it will prompt them to call the number.
You can add these links to:
- Your site's navigation
As an example, this guide walks you through creating a text link, but you can find steps for adding links to other areas in Adding links to your site.
Some devices automatically turn phone numbers into links
If you add a phone number as plain text without linking to it, its formatting will vary across different mobile devices. Some devices automatically detect it's a phone number and show it as a link. To ensure it always displays as a link, follow the rest of this guide.
Step 1 - Add text for the link
- In the Text Block Editor, enter the text you want to link. For example, Call Us or the full phone number. For help adding a Text Block, visit Using the Text Block.
- Highlight the text.
- Click the link icon in the text editor toolbar. The link editor will open.
Step 2 - Add the link
Once the link editor is open:
- Click the External tab.
- Enter tel: followed by a phone number, without any spaces. If the number includes a country code, add tel:+ followed by the phone number.
- Press Enter to close the link editor.
For more help, visit Troubleshooting link issues.
Add other ways for visitors to call you
- Add a Mobile Information Bar to give visitors quick access to call you on the go.