Encourage visitors to send you an email by adding a “mailto" link to your site. When a visitor clicks this link, it will automatically open a blank email to the address in the default email program installed on their computer or mobile device.
You can add these links to:
As an example, this guide covers creating a text link to an email address. You can click the links above to find more information about how to set up other types of links.
Note: If your visitor doesn't have an email program installed on their device, the email link won't open. They'll need to copy your email address manually from the link.
Open the link editor
- In the Text Block editor, enter the text you want to link. For example, Email Us or your actual email address. For help adding a Text Block, visit Using Text Blocks.
- Highlight the text.
- Click the Link icon in the text toolbar to open the link editor.
Add the link
After the link editor is open:
- Click the External tab.
- Enter mailto: followed by your email address, without any spaces.
- Click Add Link.
For more help, visit Troubleshooting link issues.
You may see a separate Email tab in navigation link editors. In this tab, you can enter an email address and it will automatically become a mailto link, without you manually entering the mailto: text. To learn more, visit Adding links to your navigation.
Add other ways for visitors to email you
- Some people prefer not to show their email address for privacy reasons. To encourage emails without showing your address, add a contact form using a Form Block. This provides a layer of security, and you can respond directly to a form submission by email.
- For a more visual approach, you can add your email address as a social icon. This creates an envelope icon with a "mailto" link that appears with your other social icons.
- Add a Mobile Information Bar to give visitors quick access to your contact information on the go.