Encourage visitors to send you an email by adding a “mailto" link to your site. When a visitor clicks this link, it will automatically open a blank email to the address in the default email program installed on their computer or mobile device.
You can add these links to:
- Your site's navigation
This guide covers creating a text link to an email address. You can find steps for adding links to other areas in Adding links to your site.
Note: If your visitor doesn't have an email program installed on their device, the email link won't open. They'll need to copy your email address manually from the link.
Step 1 - Add text for the link
- In the Text Block Editor, enter the text you want to link. For example, Email Us or your actual email address. For help adding a Text Block, visit Using the Text Block.
- Highlight the text.
- Click the link icon in the text editor toolbar. The link editor will open.
Step 2 - Add the link
Once the link editor is open:
- Click the External tab.
- Enter mailto: followed by your email address, without any spaces.
- Press Enter to close the link editor.
For more help, visit Troubleshooting link issues.
Add other ways for visitors to email you
- Some people prefer not to show their email address for privacy reasons. To encourage emails without showing your address, add a contact form using a Form Block. This provides a layer of security, and you can respond directly to a form submission by email.
- For a more visual approach, you can add an envelope/email icon with your other social icons. To set this up, connect your email address in the Connected Accounts panel. This creates an automatic mailto: link that opens an email to you in the visitor's default email program.
- Add a Mobile Information Bar to give visitors quick access to your contact information on the go.