Premium features, which include the Commerce platform, are available on the Business and Commerce plans. With these features, you can create a website or online store with content and integrations that help your business grow.
Premium features aren't available on the Personal plan. If you're on this plan, you can upgrade at any time to use them.
For a more visual comparison of features by plan, visit our pricing page.
List of Premium features
Website and online store features
The following features are available on the Business and Commerce plans. They’re designed to meet the needs of small businesses or organizations, from restaurants, to nonprofits, to stores:
- Announcement bar
- Amazon Block
- ChowNow integration
- Code Injection - site-wide and per-page
- Commerce and all online store features, including Customer Accounts
- Developer Platform (version 7.0 only)
- Donation Block
- Facebook Pixel
- Mailchimp integration in the Form and Newsletter Blocks
- Menu Block
- Mobile information bar
- OpenTable Block
- Promotional pop-ups
- Zapier integration
Note: Certain features, like Abandoned Cart Recovery, Purchase Funnel Analytics, Squarespace Point of Sale, and some third-party commerce integrations, are only available in Commerce plans.
Premium features for other subscriptions
Premium access during your trial
Your 14-day Squarespace trial gives you a taste of what it’s like to work with Squarespace. Throughout your trial, you’ll have access to most Premium features so you can play with them and see if they’ll work for your site needs.
Trial sites can’t accept payments, so Commerce platform features and the Donation Block won't be fully functional. However, you can use your trial to set up your store, add products, and preview what it’s like to run an eCommerce business on Squarespace.
Tips for choosing the right plan
When you’re done with your trial, and if you have any of these features on your site, we recommend choosing the Business plan or higher. If you subscribe to the Personal plan, your site won't include Premium features. You can upgrade your plan at any time to use them again.
- For more advice on plans, visit Choosing the right Squarespace plan or When to upgrade to a Commerce plan.
- Our award-winning Customer Support team can help you choose the right plan for your needs.
When you downgrade to a plan at a lower price point, certain Premium features will no longer be available on your site. When you select the plan, you’ll see a message reminding you that you’ll lose these features. You can switch back to a plan at any time to regain full access to its features.
Downgrading to a Personal plan
- Premium blocks will disappear from your live site. You'll still see them when you're logged in.
- Commerce features will be disabled. Visitors can view your products, but they won't be able to check out or make donations.
- Code Injection will be disabled. The code will remain in the Code Injection panel for your reference, but you won't be able to edit it.
- If Developer Mode was activated before you downgraded, it'll stay on, but you won't be able to edit the code.
- Plus all of the below:
Downgrading to a Business plan
- Point of Sale will be disabled, and you won't be able to sell in person.
- Customer Accounts will be disabled. Customer information will be stored and accessible if you upgrade again.
- Commerce Analytics like the Purchase Funnel and Sales by Product panels will stop tracking information and won't be visible to you.
- Plus all of the below:
Downgrading to a Commerce Basic plan
- Abandoned Cart Recovery won't track or send emails about abandoned carts.
- If you sell subscription products, active subscriptions will be cancelled 10 days after their next scheduled renewal date. You and your subscribers receive emails when this happens.
- Any Commerce APIs set up while on the Commerce Advanced plan will be disabled after downgrading.
You can upgrade your plan at any time to access Premium features not available on your current plan.
Code Block Premium features
On every plan, the Code Block supports:
- Plain text
- CSS code, when surrounded by <style></style> tags.
- Available in:
- All trials
- All Business and Commerce plans
- Legacy Personal plan (no longer available for new subscriptions)
- Not available in:
- Current Personal plan
Note: We periodically change our plan offerings to best group features for our customers. If you’ve used Squarespace before and have an active website on a Personal plan, some of these features may be available on your site, depending on when you signed up.