Inviting contributors allows multiple people to log into and work on your site. This is a great way to run a site as a team or hand off sites you're building for clients. Contributors can have different permissions based on their responsibilities and which settings they're allowed to see.
Each contributor needs their own Squarespace account. When they accept a contributor invitation, they can create an account for free or add the site to an existing account.
There is a two contributor limit for sites on the Website Personal plan. The Website Owner counts as a contributor.
- When you create a new Squarespace site, you automatically become the Site Owner.
- You can transfer ownership to another contributor any time. You'll stay on as a contributor, which can be helpful if you'll continue working on the site.
Invite and remove contributors
- You can invite a contributor using their email address. Once they accept the invitation, they can log into your site.
- You can view contributor activity to see when contributors log in.
- You can remove contributors to revoke access to editing your site. Only Admins and Site Owners can remove contributors.
Roles and permissions
- There are eight types of permission levels that you can give to contributors.
- You can give a contributor multiple permissions for tailored access.
- Admins and Site Owners can change contributor permissions.
- To publish content by a guest or a general name without adding another contributor, add a basic author instead.