With Checkout on Your Domain, customers ready to purchase will be directed to a custom, secure checkout page on your domain. They’ll see a URL with your primary domain in it that looks like this:
The entire shopping experience will live on your domain, creating a consistent look and a sense of security. When this is enabled, customers won't be directed to our default checkout page that starts with https://secure.squarespace.com/.
Note: Checkout on all plans is protected by SSL and is PCI compliant. If you're on a plan that doesn't include Checkout on Your Domain, your checkout is secure. Customers will see our default secure checkout URL that has "Squarespace" in it.
Checkout on Your Domain is enabled on your site automatically if:
- You're on the Commerce Basic or Advanced plan .
- You have any custom domain . Squarespace Domains, domains transferred to Squarespace, and domains connected from third parties are eligible.
- You have a Squarespace or third-party subdomain.
- You have SSL enabled with the preference set to Secure. For help, visit Squarespace and SSL.
Checkout on Your Domain isn't available for donations.
Checkout on built-in domains
If you're on the Commerce Basic or Advanced plan and don't have a custom domain, your checkout page URL will have your built-in domain in it, like https://youraccountid.squarespace.com/checkout.
Check your status
To see if Checkout on Your Domain is enabled, visit Checkout Settings:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Checkout.
- Look under Checkout on Your Domain. If you see your custom domain, like https://yourdomain.com/checkout, then Checkout on Your Domain is active.
If the Your Checkout URL field displays https://secure.squarespace.com/checkout instead of your custom domain, Checkout on Your Domain is inactive. Review the text under Checkout on your domain to see what to adjust.
Check your security settings under Security & SSL
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Under Website, click Security & SSL.
- Under Security Preference, select Secure (Preferred).
For help, visit Squarespace and SSL.
Upgrade to the Commerce Basic or Advanced plan
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing.
- Click your site under Subscriptions.
- Click Change Plan.
- In the Commerce Plans tab, click Basic or Advanced.
- Click Confirm Plan Change.
For help, visit Changing your billing plan.