With Checkout on Your Domain, customers ready to purchase will be directed to a custom, secure checkout page on your domain. They’ll see a URL with your primary domain in it that looks like this:
The entire shopping experience will live on your domain, creating a consistent look and a sense of security. When this is enabled, customers won't be directed to our default checkout page that starts with https://secure.squarespace.com/.
Note: Checkout on all plans is protected by SSL and is PCI compliant. If you're on a plan that doesn't include Checkout on Your Domain, your checkout is secure. Customers will see our default secure checkout URL that has "Squarespace" in it.
Checkout on Your Domain is enabled on your site automatically if:
- You're on the Advanced Commerce plan .
- You have any custom domain . Squarespace Domains, domains transferred to Squarespace, and domains connected from third parties are eligible.
- You have SSL enabled with the preference set to Secure. For help, visit Squarespace and SSL.
- Checkout on Your Domain isn't available for donations.
Note: If you're on the Advanced Commerce plan and don't have a custom domain, your checkout page URL will have your built-in domain in it, like https://youraccountid.squarespace.com/checkout.
Check your status
To see if Checkout on Your Domain is enabled, visit Checkout Settings:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Checkout.
- Under Checkout on your domain, you'll see Status: Active if all three requirements are met.
If you see Status: Inactive, the text under Checkout on your domain will tell you which requirement to address.
Check your security settings under Security & SSL
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Under Website, click Security & SSL.
- Under Security Preference, select Secure (Preferred).
For help, visit Squarespace and SSL.
Upgrade to the Advanced Commerce plan
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing.
- Click your site under Subscriptions.
- Click Change Plan.
- In the Commerce Plans tab, click Advanced.
- Click Confirm Plan Change.
For help, visit Changing your billing plan.