In this guide, you’ll learn about Tweaks 2.0 beta, which is currently available for Circle members.
As a Circle member, you can use Tweaks 2.0 to search tweaks by name with the search bar, and import and export tweaks as a JSON file.
Access Tweak 2.0 beta
Tweaks 2.0 beta is available on any website you have permission to edit from the account associated with your Circle membership. You don't need to manually install or enable the features.
To see the new features:
- From the Home Menu, click Design, then Style Editor.
- The search bar appears at the top. Scroll to the bottom to see the Import and Export buttons.
Use the search bar to find specific tweaks.
Import and export tweaks
Importing and exporting tweaks has many advantages, including:
- Batch-editing the tweaks in a text editor
- Saving a backup of a site's styles
- Importing one site's style as a starting point for a different site
Note: Importing and exporting is exclusive to Style Editor tweaks. Custom modifications to CSS won't be imported.
In the Style Editor, click the Export Style Pack (Beta) button. The tweaks will download as a JSON file. You can open this file in your preferred text editor.
Tip: Make a note of the template that the site is currently using when you download the file. The import process works best within the same template family. See the next section for more information.
For best results, you should only import a tweaks JSON file to a template that's within the same family as the one the original tweaks came from. For example, if you exported tweaks from a site using the Carson template, you could import them to a site with Tremont, Camino, Carson, or Henson installed.
- If you were previewing a template when you exported, the exported tweaks are specific to the previewed template and its family.
- If you import tweaks from a different template family, only tweaks that have the same name and options will update.
To see which templates are in a family, visit Understanding Squarespace templates.
Tip: We recommend exporting your current tweaks before importing new ones. Once you click Save, there isn't a way to roll back to your previous settings.
To import a set of tweaks:
In the Style Editor, click the Import Style Pack (Beta) button.
Once the new tweaks are imported, the Style Editor and site preview will update to show the new settings.
At the top of the Style Editor, click Save to make the changes live, or click Cancel to go back to your previous settings.
Tip: To go back to the template's original default settings, click Reset Styles to Defaults.
Where to go for support
- To learn more about Squarespace Circle, visit our guide or the Circle website.
- While troubleshooting Tweaks 2.0 falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support, you can submit issues or feedback in the form linked in this Circle forum post.
Note: Squarespace Circle is a community open to customers who have built or are contributors to at least three active Squarespace sites. It's designed to support, inspire, and engage the community of creatives, developers, and designers who use Squarespace to build beautiful websites for themselves and their clients.